Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fun in Utah

After my brother's wedding we were able to hang around a few days before heading down to Lake Powell. Brian did a lot of mountain biking and we went up to the U to see some of his old coworkers. We also got to have dinner with our friends Ashley and Sean and play Canasta with Ryan and Christy. It was such a nice break!
There are more pictures on our flickr account if you want to see all the fun!

Matthew and I went on a tour of the candy factory that my roommate from my freshman year of college set up. We couldn't get her twin boys to be in the picture, but you get the general idea.

I got to see my sister Becky's soccer game. We had quite a few people there to cheer her on. I told the family that whoever yelled the loudest loved her the most :)
This is her laughing/running away/telling us to be quiet.

She is a superstar and was on the news a few nights ago. Here's the link-

http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/f888e610-0513-4d43-a4c0-a755740291b4/News/Student-athletes-raise-awareness-about-dating-violence

We took TRAX up to the U and to the planetarium.

Here Matthew is walking on Mars.

The boys were fascinated by this big contraption.

I had to post this picture cuz it's so silly. My sister was donating their toaster to the newlyweds (this had been arranged before the wedding). She brought it over and set it in the pile of presents. Some of our family members were unaware of this and were confused as to why someone would give a used, unwrapped toaster.
It looks like they were pretty happy with it though!

I didn't take any pictures of this, but on our way to Powell we stopped in Ephraim to visit my old stomping grounds and my uncle. We also went to Roy's, formerly known as Fat Jack's, aka the best pizza place ever. And we can assure you that although the name is different the pizza is still the same. It tasted unbelievably good! And I only felt a little bit guilty the next day when Rachel was mad about mommy eating cheese . . . .

2 comments:

Tiffkanee said...

I'd like to add it was a cleaned, used toaster!

This Girl said...

We love the planetarium! The boys love the giant ball contraption.