Transitions always bring lots of mixed emotions-relief, nervousness, joy, sadness, guilt. Overall we were ready for school. I think the hardest thing for me was trying to comfort him through things that I was nervous about too; trying to put on the brave face and keep my feelings from showing.
He is in afternoon kindergarten which I have loved because I get a couple of hours to myself (keeping our fingers crossed that sister keeps her naps a bit longer). With the hubby being in school this has been big in keeping my sanity.
This boy loves to wear pajamas so I had to draw the line and say he couldn't wear them on the first day of school. This isn't the outfit I would have picked out for him, but oh well. Life goes on :)
Sister needed to be in on the excitement too.
Daddy was able to take a long lunch and come with us. It was so nice to have him there on this big day.
In the end he was excited. He kept running ahead of us and I had a hard time keeping up with him.
Love this picture!
Last hug before I turn him over to the unknown world of public schooling!!!
Marching right in and not even looking back :)
I hadn't cried until we started walking away and sister started crying. We got some video, but I haven't been able to get it loaded-it keeps giving me errors. It is the saddest thing you have ever heard!!! So the three of us walked home a little teary eyed.
So far he seems to like school. He is a little bit bored, but I knew he would be. I love hearing him come home and tell me all about what they did. Overall the transition has been smooth and good for all of us :) I sometimes joke with him about how mommy's ears get tired and when he is at school I can rest them and be ready to listen when he gets home. It has definitely helped both of us!

1 comment:
That's exciting! I hope it's going well.
Post a Comment