Since I've had the opportunity to become a mother I've thought that the mother should receive presents on their children's birthdays too. They're the ones who did most of the work! That being said I should have sent something to my mother, but since I didn't I thought I'd salute her publicly instead.
Mom, you truly are my best friend. You (and dad) created an atmosphere in which I was always comfortable to talk to you, about anything. That really is an accomplishment and I hope I can do the same thing for my children. You made me feel important and loved. I don't have any doubts that you would do (and did) everything in your power to help me succeed. You taught me by example. I learned so many valuable lessons from you-patience, importance of family, prayer, hard work, and many more. I know that our Savior and Heavenly Father are important to you because of the way you live.
You know me so well, and you are in tune with the spirit to know when I am struggling (your call on Sunday for example). You always know how to take care of me and bind my wounds. You are the most amazing listener.
I'm sorry for all the times I may have unknowingly or inadvertently caused you pain and hurt your feelings. Thank you for loving me anyway.
I came across this quote a while ago- "Being sent out into the world isn't necessarily the same as leaving your home behind you." One of my homes will always be where you are. I'm sorry that we are so far apart right now, but without sounding too corny, I really do take you everywhere I go. The foundation you and dad gave me has allowed me (and my brothers and sisters) the ability and courage to go out into the world. I also read that they way children honor their parents is by the way they live their lives. I will continue to do my best to bring honor to your name. I love you!
2 comments:
That is a wonderful post, your parents are so special and caring...I love your family! Oh, and we do love your Maffew too ;)
What a sweet tribute! I don't know your mom really well, but when I see her at book club and ask how you are doing I can tell that you share a special friendship!
PS Love the background
Post a Comment