Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yay 5k!

I ran my first 5k yesterday. The weather was beautiful! It was a pretty low key event, but I enjoyed it. I was proud of myself because I ran the entire length. At the end the only thing that kept me going was the cheeseburger I promised myself for after :) I was looking for Brian and Matthew at the end so I didn't check my time, but I think it was around 34 or 35 minutes. Not too bad for my first try!

Before the race

Anna (my faithful running friend) and I after. Poor thing had a cold and she still came.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so impressed! Great job.

The Whitaker Family said...

YAY KATRINA!!!!!!!!!!!! When I did my first 5k early this spring I think I managed 38 minutes something so I'm very impressed! Plus, I was always prouder that I never stopped and that I was running the race to begin with! Maybe if you're in Utah at the right time next year, then you and I can do a 5k together... :) You're AWESOME!!!!!