Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Festivities

I got this idea from my mother in law last year (it's similar to Marguerite's version). We traced our hands and made a Christmas tree out of them. Matthew had lots of fun putting the ornaments on.

For the ward Christmas party Brian was asked to be Santa Claus. We were kind of confused by this; he's not exactly physically similar to Santa. They said it was a small suit. So he agreed. The white hair almost covered his entire face so getting a picture was pretty difficult.
Matthew waiting for Santa. He was very concerned about where Santa went after giving out candy canes. I told him Santa had to go see other kids and give them candy canes too. He was repeating that all night long and into the next day (but how is that different from any other day? Oh wait! It's not :) )
My cute little reindeer.
Our "nice" tree (or boring tree as Brian calls it) upstairs.
Decorating the more colorful, fun tree downstairs.
Matthew helping; he kept calling these beads a "macaroni necklace."

The finished product downstairs.
We have a couple of other small trees (we call it the forest). I let Matthew decorate the "widdow baby tree" as he calls it. He hung everything on two branches I think. Thanks to Melissa who instead of criticizing the poor decorating job, complimented me on letting him keep it how he wanted it (thanks Melissa! It totally made my day!)

3 comments:

Hongziyang said...

It was only boring last year with the plain white lights. How could I describe anything with LEDs as boring??

Tee said...

Matthew is so funny! I love that first picture with his mouth wide open!

Becky said...

I didn't even know that was Brian! I did notice it wasn't a very portly Santa. I remember Gigi saying they needed to find someone small enough for the suit!

I like your hand tree. When I taught school, we made one with my class one year.