Brian ended up not having to work on Christmas eve (small miracle!) so we spent the day together. We watched a Christmas movie, then went out to have a pizza dinner; Brian has requested this become a tradition. We came home and did bedtime stuff as well as leaving cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. I had most of the presents wrapped, but we did have one item that needed assembling.
Christmas morning Matthew got up a little before 8, but just came into our room and got in bed with us. Then we got up and opened presents which was a hoot! Christmas is definitely more fun with kids.
Sweater from Grandma.
Opening Aunt Tiffany's present. (Thank you! Brian thought it was cool too!)
After tearing Matthew away from his train table (seriously, the kid cried when I told him he needed to let me change his diaper and get him dressed at 10) we got ready to head up to Loveland. Brian's sister and her family came down from South Dakota on the 26th so we did our gift exchange then. I spent a lot of time eating, reading and watching tv . . . . so it was pretty awesome. I did learn how to make the world's best cinnamon rolls from my mother in law so at least I did something productive :)
It's a little late, but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! We're so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. You guys are the best!
2 comments:
Love Matthews little happy voice!!
BTW- Trenton LOVES your class.
The first week we asked the boys about their new classes and Trenton said, "Sister Harris is so great and nice. We are going to do such fun things to get ready for baptism."
Thanks!!
Post a Comment