Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Favorite Sounds

I was laying in bed last night not sleeping listening to the dishwasher. Strange as it may seem, I find that sound comforting. I think it's a combination of things. I definitely like that the dishes are cleaning themselves! The sound of water is naturally soothing. Also, my mom generally runs the dishwasher at night. With so many eaters at their house she runs it every day. It brings to mind thoughts of another good day, reflecting on all that was done.
The garage door opening is another one of my favorites. It means Brian is home from work and our family is back together again.
Laughter-between friends, Matthew, my family playing Apples to Apples and laughing until we cry.
And of course music. The songs that make me feel peace and love, ones that prompt me to action, others cause me to ponder, and some I just like to sing out loud to no matter how bad I sound!

1 comment:

Tiffkanee said...

I was just telling Chris the other day about how much I love the dishwasher running at night. Too funny. And I'm sure if we had a garage the door opening would make me happy too.