Sunday, May 3, 2009

Aahhh, motherhood

I've had kind of a roller coaster week, but doesn't it seem like they are all that way? I have been thinking a lot about this role of mother, but not coming up with much. I do know that I don't want to give up. Being a parent just seems to take any quality or virtue that you need to be working on and throws it in your face (unfortunately, in the literal sense sometimes) in the form of your children. Oh, so you need to work on patience, well be patient with this! You think you need a full night of sleep to be a good person? Oh well!

On the other hand what is more wonderful than your toddler planting a big wet one on you out of nowhere? Or looking at a book and having them "read" it to you and get most of the words right? Or knowing that your heart has grown three sizes since this child has come into your life?

I fasted today about this issue and did receive some help. I'm not going to go into everything, but at the end of the day I feel that this job is so hard because it is so important. When we feel like we are alone and sinking that is Satan working on us. Heavenly Father only wants what's good for us and will never leave us alone as long as we continue to ask Him for help.

I read this talk by Elder Holland a couple of years ago, but found it again today. I need to print it out and read it regularly. I would recommend it to all mothers out there.

So with this new week and Mother's Day coming up let's try and remember what an important role we play and that we can succeed!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So true, Katrina. Motherhood is certainly a refiner's fire!