Thursday, October 22, 2009
Soft answer
Sometimes motherhood is just not all it's cracked up to be; I'm sorry to say. Yesterday was one of my worst moments. I definitely did not use a soft answer :( I hope that I've learned my lesson though. My sweet boy was the one comforting me when I should have been comforting him. Later I was thinking about the scripture "a soft answer turneth away wrath." I had always thought my giving a soft answer would turn away another person's wrath. It occurred to me that I've been wrong about this. Ultimately I can't control what another person feels or does. I think that a soft answer will actually turn away my wrath. I resolved to never lose control of myself like that again. Today Matthew was more difficult than yesterday, but I didn't feel like I did yesterday. Hopefully, this is the start of some better habits on my part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I often think of that scripture as well, but hadn't really thought of it from that perspective. Thank you for sharing, I need work in that area too!
That is a good lesson for me to learn too. I'm linking to your blog on mine, hope that's okay :)
You are very wise. I really like that take on this scripture. I need to remember it. :)
Post a Comment