Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My cute boys

It's hard to stay mad at him too long when he's so gosh darn cute!
I wanted to write down a few of the funny things Matthew has said lately (I need to do better at this because there are so many that I forget).

M at the dinner table: Daddy, some day I'm going to be old enough to vote.

I think he is kind of understanding that his sister is in mommy's tummy. He likes to walk over to my belly and say "Hello baby! What are you doing in there?" He also gives his sister kisses :)

He came home from preschool one day and said "Mom, I know how to be a big brother now." "Oh yeah?" "Yeah, I'm not going to hit my sister." "Well, that's a good start Matthew."

He is becoming very independent! He wants things done in specific ways and sometimes I have a hard time figuring out/understanding them.

His imagination has been going wild! He is very into good guys and bad guys. He likes to play guns and "tackles" (cardboard tube wars). He is also requesting a super hero cape (I know there is someone out there who has a pattern left over from Super Saturday and if I could get it from you that'd be great!).

He has been my great little helper, one of many things he's helped with is shoveling the snow. Sometimes he wants to do our neighbors too. I try to encourage him, but normally my body won't let me do any more so I just "supervise."

Isn't he the cutest!
I have to give a quick shout out to my wonderful husband. He has been so great dealing with all of my unexpected moods and he never makes me feel bad about them (I think he understands that hormones are not the most rational things). He steps up with Matthew when I need him to even when he has had a really stressful, long day at work which happens most days now. He is such a great provider. He got our taxes done and submitted the end of January and we were able to finally get our Subaru fixed-the check engine light had been on for a loooooong time. Now it's like a brand new car!

Last week he went skiing with some of his coworkers, one of whom was up visiting from Australia. The Australian (Greg, I think?) and Brian thought it was fun to have some who likes to ski and photograph to spend some time with. Greg captured this one of my man-
Brian and I have had an ongoing "argument" about whether or not he is cool. He says he's not, I say he is. I think this pictures is definitely supporting my argument. Even now I have a hard time believing that we are together; I mean I obviously am lacking in the cool department, but maybe he has enough for both of us :)

No comments: