I am not a fan of goodbyes. Just gonna put that out there.
We gathered for a dinner and lots of fun and tears. I do not handle being the center of attention very gracefully, but it meant so much to me. Cynthia and Melissa had the idea to have everyone say something they admired or had learned from me. It was not easy for me to hear, but the comments have lifted my spirits. It was nice to hear the good things that I have managed to do when I always focus on the things I haven't. (For those there I haven't forgotten my promise to repay you with kind words. I will be sending them soon.) Thanks doesn't seem like enough, but thank you to all those who came and those who wanted to, but couldn't.
What a blessing to be surrounded by such wonderful women!
We gathered for a dinner and lots of fun and tears. I do not handle being the center of attention very gracefully, but it meant so much to me. Cynthia and Melissa had the idea to have everyone say something they admired or had learned from me. It was not easy for me to hear, but the comments have lifted my spirits. It was nice to hear the good things that I have managed to do when I always focus on the things I haven't. (For those there I haven't forgotten my promise to repay you with kind words. I will be sending them soon.) Thanks doesn't seem like enough, but thank you to all those who came and those who wanted to, but couldn't.
What a blessing to be surrounded by such wonderful women!
My good friend Leah moved a couple of weeks before we did. Melissa, Leah and I have birthdays that are two days a part. Each of us also had baby girls last year.
I like to dream that in the future we will be able to meet and have a nice long girl's weekend and we will be picking up right where we left off.
K, I don't want to start crying again, so I'm done for the night!
3 comments:
So cute Katrina! It is still weird to think we both moved away from there. A girl's weekend would be so much fun! Maybe for our bdays next month? lol...i wish. Hope you are doing well in Utah.
I'm sad that I missed it. I didn't know anything about it. I guess I didn't make the cut. :(
You did such a great job with choir. We performed our ward conference song yesterday, and I think it went well. Except for the fact that I messed up a couple measures. No one noticed but me, but I hate that I ALWAYS let my nerves get the best of me when it counts!
Girls weekend? I'm in!
Post a Comment