We have renters moved into the house and things have been smooth so far on that front.
Brian loves his job! Most days he rides his bike to TRAX then either rides the train home or bikes from campus. To answer the question of what he is doing-the student recruitment office at the U bought some new software which he has been implementing. His title is database analyst. He will also help with other geeky things like making the different systems talk nice to each other, analyzing data, etc.
I was able to get my old job back. Before you get too excited it is at a day care in a rec center and is about 5 hours a week and I bring the kids with me. Nothing too big or scary, but it is nice to have a little bit of money (so I don't have to feel guilty about Brian a birthday present with his own money) and give Matthew a chance to get out and socialize. I also get a free membership to the gym so it's a win/win.
The kids are adjusting pretty well. We have been cracking down on bedtime (aka being more strict about it). It has been wonderful having the extra hands around and I think my mom appreciates not having to make dinner every night. Rachel loves the attention and has been keeping everyone well entertained. She cut her first tooth last week and was not a happy camper.
I hope you won't think badly of me for posting her 9 and 10 month pictures together . . .

We have started looking at apartments, but will not be moving anywhere just yet. It will be nice to get some more things out of the black hole known as the storage unit.
4 comments:
She is SO cute!!!
I'm glad you're doing well. We miss you! Your job sounds perfect.
glad to hear you are doing well, I have been thinking about you! Your little girl's cheeks are SO pinchable and I love her smile! Good luck with moving and finding an apartment...very exciting stuff!
I'm so glad to hear that things are going so smoothly. We definitely miss you around here. Every M/W Lincoln asks if preschool is at Matthew's house. One of these days he'll get it.
Love the pics of Rachel! Maybe with a tooth she'll start eating food.
Post a Comment