Rachel is such a fun, strong-willed girl. I had some mother's intuition before she was born that she would have some strong personality traits and she does. She is a girl who knows what she wants. She is also the life of the party, a born entertainer. She is a cute little cuddler too.
At her one year check up she weighed 14 lbs. The doctor said she would never be called "big boned." I was talking to him out our difficulties with sleeping and he said he could tell by her personality that she is one of those kids that if you go to battle with them over something you will have to win otherwise they will learn to ignore you and get what they want.
He is definitely right about that.
Getting all of our family together is starting to turn into a scheduling nightmare so we celebrated her birthday on Mother's Day which was fun for me. I remember sitting in church the Sunday before she was born, also Mother's Day, and hoping that I would be sitting
there next week and I wasn't :)
Here we are opening presents. I love this picture because she isn't quite sure what's going on so she looks at me to see how she should react.
She wasn't quite sure about the cake. I had to feed her for a while before she decided to try it out. She is interesting because sometimes she is so experimental and other times she isn't.
She finally got the hang of it though :)


This is the morning of her birthday. She makes dog noises and loves being outside. This morning the birds were chirping away. I couldn't get her away from the door without a lot of screaming and crying so I eventually blocked the door with the chair so she could look outside for the birdies and mommy could eat her breakfast.

On her birthday. I was feeling burned out (a little pathetic, I know) from the other cakes so we made a 1 with cupcakes. The boys decorated them.
She is signing "more" in this picture. She also does finished and eat. She is picking it up faster than her brother did. She likes her dessert just like her mommy!


2 comments:
14 lbs! She and Lincoln could hang out. :) Of course, she might have to wrestle Matthew for time because he only talks about Matthew. "Is preschool at Matthew's house?" "Can I go play at Matthew's?" Hmmm....I'll have to get back to you on that. Ask again in a month!
So where abouts will the new apartment be?
What a cute, tiny little girl! Looks like her birthday was a success.
Post a Comment