My precious niece was born March 23, 2010 at 7:52 p.m. She weighed 1 lb 2 oz. In less than one hour she was able to change and bless our lives forever.
Jess wrote this about the affect she had on those who were lucky enough to meet her. "They marveled at her and how beautiful she was. They wondered at how someone so tiny could inspire such great love in all of us. That little girl taught everyone in that hospital room how to love. She was so small but she was so mighty! Isn't it like God to use someone so little and small to have such a big and powerful purpose."

Her life has caused a great change in mine. I don't want this to come across disrespectfully to any one. I have not experienced this loss first hand, and I can only imagine the turmoil of emotions for those who have. I only felt a piece of what Aleah's parents and many others in similar situations have felt, but I have experienced conflicting emotions. Guilt and gratitude. Aching and awe. Confusion and comfort. Loss and love.
Jason commented on how she was held and loved for almost every minute of her life. This hit me. How many times have I not told my family that I love them. I have taken the time I have had with my children for granted. Since then I have tried to do better and will keep trying.
I admire all those who go through life altering changes and become better people, rather than bitter people. I hope when these things happen those in the midst of it will feel surrounded by love from family and friends.
Easter this year was more meaningful for me than it has ever been. I felt that even though we were filled with sorrow, joy is possible. Jesus Christ has triumphed over the grave so that Aleah and each one of us can live again. It gave me peace to know that we can return to Him and He will welcome us happily with loving arms around us.

The meaning of Aleah's name is on her picture-to ascend. They chose her name before they knew the meaning of it. Jess said "When I found out the meaning of her name, God revealed to me that she was His all along. She was always destined to go be with Him. Heaven was her home." I believe that in the midst of dark times God gives us little reassurances and love. If we look for them we will find them.
I have felt helpless as I have watched Jason and Jess go through this and come out stronger than ever. But looking back, I know that in some small way my prayers and tears did help. I hope I have been able to share a small part of their burden with them. I am anxiously awaiting the time when I can meet her and let her know how much I love her; how much I have learned from her.
Jason and Jess-I am so grateful to be blessed by your example and influence. I continue to pray for you. Thank you for being such wonderful parents to this sweet girl. I want you to know that she has made me a better person and when that happens an impression is made that I will never forget. I will honor her memory by remembering.
2 comments:
That was beautiful Katina. Thank you for that amazing, sweet, and powerful reminder of what this life is really for.
Beautiful post.
Post a Comment