Part of being a mom is sacrifice; specifically putting your needs last. I have become so good at this that I have forgotten things about myself. In an effort to rediscover myself I have compiled a list of unique tidbits. In no particular order-
1. I weighed 5 lbs 5 oz at birth. Now I m 5 ft 5 inches tall (or short, I guess).
2. My dad nicknamed me "Tiny Tina" which was lengthened to Katrina. Most of my immediate family still calls me Tina.
3. I do not like to be called Kat.
4. I started playing flute when I was 11.
5. I love tomatoes, but I do not like tomato soup.
6. I grew up in Utah, but have only made jello twice, both times while I was living in Colorado.
7. I have never been stung by a bee.
8. I have never had a ticket.
9. My junior year of high school I spent lots of weekends swing dancing.
10. In 2002 I rolled my car and walked away with bruises.
11. Never been downhill skiing in Utah only in Colorado.
12. Went scuba diving in a crater.
13. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast (love Belle!). I got to see it on Broadway when I was in high school.
14. I am a licensed HAM radio operator.
15. I was the piccolo section leader at the University of Utah marching band my senior year.
16. Didn't take a math or history class in college and it still took me five years to graduate.
17. My favorite looking flower is the daisy and favorite smelling is the lilac.
18. I have donated my hair three times to Locks of Love.
19. I was director of a day care for about two years.
20. I paid for my own private flute lessons in high school.
21. My favorite group to play in is full orchestra.
22. I am terrible at saying goodbye.
23. Calling people I don't know makes me nervous; I avoid it at all costs.
24. I cry when I am happy, sad, stressed, angry, overwhelmed . . . . you get the idea.
25. Although I don't look it I am not too shabby at Guitar Hero.
26. Had a pet rabbit named Smokey.
27. I won a best of show award in 4H for flower arranging.
28. A couple of things on my bucket list are to take some painting classes and learn to play guitar.
29. Merry go rounds make me sick to my stomach.
30. I'm the only one of my siblings that didn't go to preschool.
31. I took a semester of Chinese in college.
32. I don't like soda because of the bubbles.
33. I have trouble shopping for myself.
34. I like to play board games.
35. I am a homebody by nature. I love to have my home full of people that I love.
36. A rule I use when I go out to eat is I don't order anything I would make for myself at home.
There you have it. Was there anyone out there who knew everything on my list?
3 comments:
I didn't now about 4H.
I didn't know a whole bunch. but I am with you on the restaurant deal. why would you order something that's in your own pantry?
Yeah, there was lots I didn't know either-- super fun to read! You're so cool!
And yeah, you've got to somehow make a little time for yourself, I think...
Post a Comment