Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Love my boy

I wanted to do a special post about my little boy. A few miscellaneous things-
We drove past a Toyota dealership and he said "Mom, I bet you could fit a lot of toys in all those!"
He asked my sister if she knew what his favorite kind of corn was. The answer-candy corn :)
Such a cute big brother! He likes to read to the Little Miss and we have to make sure they give kisses and hugs at bedtime.

I was debating about posting this, but I have decided to. I was feeling very down a couple of days ago. Everything was making me angry. I stepped out of the apartment twice to get a shock of cold air, hoping it would help clear my head. The second time I stepped out I was praying again, wanting to ask for help, but not knowing what to ask for. I did ask to just feel emptiness, that it would be better than all the anger I felt. I went back in and was standing at the kitchen sink when he came and wrapped his arms around my legs. I knelt down to hug him and my anger started to go away. I told him I loved him so much and that mommy was sick, that he hadn't done anything wrong. He decided that he was going to give me more hugs every day to help me get better. I needed to have some kind of force to pull me out of the hole that I was in and didn't know how to get out. The answer to my prayer came through my precious boy reaching into the hole and pulling me up.
He is turning into such a kind and thoughtful boy. At his soccer game a girl on his team fell and was reluctant to go back into the game. He came over to the side and was talking to her with the coach. She went back in for a little while. He makes us so proud!

4 comments:

Olivia said...

what a sweet heart! :)

Becky said...

When James first heard the word "Toyota" he immediately thought of "toy Yoda." He thinks it's a pretty funny name for a car.

I hope you get lots of therapeutic kid hugs today!

The Mrs said...

Thank you for sharing. He is such a special little guy. I think you are lucky to have each other.

The Whitaker Family said...

I'm so glad you have such a sweetie boy!

I love you, Katrina.