I don't know why this is underlining!! I'm sorry about that.
I was inspired by President Uchtdorf's talk at the Relief Society meeting. I came home and made a list of all the things I wanted to create. One of the more pressing items was a home of learning, happiness and memories. I decided to try providing some more structured activities. Here are some pictures of a few of our activities.
I got a few pumpkins and a few simple craft supplies.


I found a book at the library about a cookie baker. We read the book and made sugar cookies (thank you to Melissa who let us borrow the cookie cutters).


We made colored ice cubes then put them in plastic bags to see the colors change. They are laying on our bed in the sun. Matthew really enjoyed this one.


Other activities that we have done this week are going to story time and going on a walk to collect leaves which we glued on paper. We cut pictures out of a magazine to make a collage. We made pizza for dinner one evening. I found a website that shows the letters of the alphabet that Matthew loves to look at. If anyone has any ideas they would like to pass on I'll put them to good use! I try to do two activities each day-one in the morning and one in the evening. I also make sure that we read together, have music time, go outside (while the weather is still nice), and go over scripture stories. I hope to keep this going as long as I can. I think Matthew and I get along better, that more gets done and that the television isn't even turned on some days. Maybe someday I'll feel like I have this motherhood thing down, right?
7 comments:
You are SUPERMOM!!!!! It is so incredible all that you are trying to do with Matthew. Those are great goals and terrific ideas. I applaud you because I know how hard it is to discipline myself to spend quality time with my kids.
Dude, I miss all the fun when I'm at work.
Good work on keeping the TV off - it save on the electric bill! :)
What great ideas!
I am inspired. Those are great ideas and I know that I should be doing more with Abby. Thanks for your ideas. Mike's cousin does a motherhood blog called "Nurture Mama" and she periodically posts fun activities and books and stuff. The link is on my blog.
Those are great ideas. Good job Katrina. I loved Uchtorf's talk as well. I felt so inspired to be better as well. Although reading your blog has inspired me even more.
what fun ideas!
Very impressive, Katrina!! I'm just going to keep reading and learning. Sorry I have nothing to share, I'm the slacker mom here!
Post a Comment