Yay the twins are here! They arrived last night at 7:11 and 7:12 by c-section. D.J. (I don't know if that's really what they'll call him, but for now I am) was born first and weighed 4 lbs 8 oz, Jared was 4 lbs 2 oz. They both let out very big cries. They are doing very well considering they are here early. BreAnn is doing well, she is still very swollen. The doctors are expecting the swelling to go down on it's own and she should be able to go home in a couple of days. The boys are in NICU and doing pretty well. D.J. started breathing on his own this morning and has had a bowel movement. Jared is a very good eater! The doctors say that normally one twin goes home before the other. There are five items they need to be able to do before they can be released; show they are gaining weight, breath on their own, have bowel movements, maintain body temperature and be a good eater. D.J. has more hair than Jared and their hair is dark like their mom's. It is a little too early to tell if they are identical or not.
Thank you to everyone for all the prayers and support for this new little family. I will post pictures when I get them!
1 comment:
That is wonderful! I am so glad to hear that they are doing well :)
Post a Comment