Monday, January 12, 2009

Enlightenment in Empire

This past weekend we went up to Winter Park with Brian's family. On our way up we stopped at a little mom and pop restaurant that Brian had been to before. The food was delicious and the people were so friendly. It was as if we had walked into their kitchen and they were making us at home. The woman gave Matthew an ice cream cone and a book. She said she believed that children should have books. It was such a cute little place. It started me thinking about the saying "bloom where you're planted." This woman in her sphere of life is blooming. Matthew had such fun (he wouldn't settle down to eat his dinner) and I left feeling uplifted.

So I hope we can all do our best in whatever stage of life we are in or may be in. Perhaps we can spread a little bit of happiness to those we cross paths with!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey! Thanks for inviting me over. What a sweet little place. I love places like that.