Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Biking for Burgers

Sorry, no pictures in this one :(, but I don't think anyone would be interested in seeing me in my biking/running pants! Anyway, on Saturday we went for a family bike ride to our favorite burger joint, Old School Burger. Brian plotted a nice route for us and also pulled Matthew. This was my longest ride to date-20 miles round trip. I was totally surprised at how well I did! I was a little saddle sore the next day, but that was the only pain I had. I guess next time I need to offer to pull Matthew for a little ways!

While I was riding I was thinking about how the same route or path can appear so different depending on your mode of transportation. In life when we go through experiences, we will respond based on where we're been and how we got there. I'm always intrigued by what it is that makes some people rise to the occasion and yet the same event can make some one be so bitter or angry. I don't think there's any one predictor, but I'd like to the kind of person who is not controlled by circumstances.

2 comments:

kim said...

You will have to tell me where that burger joint is. Good job for the long bike ride. That is why you were walking funny on Sunday! :) I just teasin:)

Tee said...

I want to see you in your bike shorts! :P hehe

Good job on the bike ride! I can't even go up a hill on my bike, so you really impress me on that!! Sounds like a fun time.

It's true that one experience can make one person bitter and another better. I hope that I can become better through things as well, :)