Brian got to go skiing today so I decided to go exploring with Matthew. We went to the Littleton Historic Museum. It has a farm behind the museum so we didn't spend much time inside. Sometime in my life I would like to be able to go through a museum the way it should be gone through, slowly. Anyway, the weather was really nice and Matthew of course loved it. After we were done we had a picnic lunch at the park next door. I'm sure we'll be going there again.
1890s farmhouse replica.

Peacock out one of the barn windows.

One of the lookouts to the lake.

Walking on the bridge to see the lake.

In the schoolhouse. There was also a blacksmith talking to the kids about what a blacksmith does, but I didn't get a picture of it.


On a wagon.




I find it interesting that now we go to museums to see what life was like not that long ago. Brian's grandfather was a farmer so Brian's dad grew up working the farm. Now we go on Saturday outings to learn about them.
4 comments:
I love that museum! It is a lot of fun :) I used to go there all the time.
that is great Katrina. Glad you were able to go. How did you hear about it?
I read it on that email the RS sent out a few months ago. It's called "Places to Take the Kiddos." If you didn't get it I can send it to you.
I love how he has the hippo with him :D
Post a Comment