We are working on getting all moved in. Had a couple of surprise things to fix asap, but all things considered it has gone well. I'm not used to having no one downstairs yet; I still get a little tense when the kids jump and are loud, then I remind myself there is no one down there to bother :) I also thoroughly enjoyed unloading groceries and only having to go up four stairs. How sweet is that! On a related note, my husband is the best. He has done so much to get things working and organized. I think I'll keep him :)
This has been a week of connecting with old friends. Not that they are old of course, just long time friends :) 1-Saw my friend from elementary school twice this week and once more next week. 2- I get to see a college friend this week. I think she single-handedly helped me pass music history at 7:30 in the morning. 3-And although I haven't seen her in person I have been doing a better job of keeping in touch with one of my roommates from freshman year. She has the most wonderful laugh, hopefully I will be able to hear it soon.
Saw this saying today and it is a little corny, but true-true friendship isn't about who came first and who you've known the longest, it's about who came and never left. I'm so lucky to have so many dear friends, including those who I don't get to see or talk to often, but who frequent my thoughts and heart. Love you all!
3 comments:
So happy that you guys are getting all moved in. And thank you!!!! Loved the quote, means alot.
I'm so glad you are settling in! It's so nice to finally have a place you are happy to be in. Congrats on the move, and enjoy living near all of your old friends!
LOL! I had the same problem as you when we first moved here. Everytime one of the boys jumped or ran through the house I was on edge. It took me at least a couple of weeks to stop stressing out about it. I'm so glad you got a house!
Post a Comment