Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Babycation

Not really any pictures for this post sorry :(, but there are plenty in the other ones. Brian was able to take ten days off after Rachel was born and it was heavenly! The boys had so much fun together and it was so wonderful to have our little family all together to enjoy Rachel in her first few weeks here.
We got so many things done (well, mostly the boys; I was busy with other things like feeding baby and healing from baby). Brian did a lot of spot cleaning on our carpet, cleaned the fish tank, cleaned the car, put away the "winter village" (don't ask :( ), took Matthew to preschool on the bike, went to multiple parks, had a man play date, finally went to the pediatrician's office, did hair cuts, installed the swamp cooler, along with all the other miscellaneous cleaning.
I think his office was pretty excited to have him back though. I stopped by the office a couple of weeks ago and one of his coworkers knew exactly how old Rachel was because of how many weeks Brian had been back to work. It's good to be missed!
I'm so glad he was able to take that time off; it's great having an extra week of vacation!

1 comment:

The Whitaker Family said...

Wow, that's awesome! I'll bet it made a huge difference to you and Matthew as well... YAY!!