Grandmas are the best! And aunts are pretty fabulous too :) My mom and Becky came out to visit and we stayed busy.
Here is Grandma and her first grand daughter
Matthew and Grandma painting Rachel's dresser
(I know Matthew's face is crazy, but the other one I took isn't any better).
My mom totally surprised me and said she wanted to go to a Rockies game. I would have guessed my dad to say something like that, but I was excited and we made it happen. We went to buy tickets at the game, just whatever was cheapest. Waiting in line a worker told us a section was discounted at the window-$4 a seat. So I get to the window, point to where we want and make sure that deal is correct. He turns to his computer then back to me and says through the window that I have a hard time hearing through, "I'll give these to you for $4." I nod yes because I figure he means $4 a seat, but no, he meant $4 total. So the four of us went to a Rockies game and parked for less than $10. And Coors field totally rocks because you can bring your own food in. The only downer as that we lost on a grand slam in the 10th inning, but we still had fun.
Go Rockies!
My mom is just a busy little bee and offered to help us decorate a room in our house. I think she felt bad since we have lived here for 3 1/2 years and hadn't painted anything . . .
Here they are working hard.
After
Matthew chose the dinosaur curtains, grandma sewed them and daddy installed them.
The green ended up being slightly brighter than I envisioned, but I still like it. The only problem now is the brown furniture looks strange, but maybe someday we'll get around to it.
This after photo was taken by Matthew. I will be devoting another post to his adventures with the camera so stay tuned!
Thank you Grandma and Becky. We loved having you come!
2 comments:
How great about the deal at the game! Looks like it was a blast! The room is awesome too-- so glad your Mom can come help & visit. Thank goodness for Moms, huh?
I think we must have been at the same game! Unless there was another game where we lost on a grand slam in the 10th! It was $1 rock pile night. I think it was June 9th.
Post a Comment