Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blogger's block

I have felt like I need to blog lately, but haven't known what to write about. So here are some pictures and maybe just starting will get the juices flowing.

Here is my boy on the first day of school. I cried a little bit when he got out of the car by himself and walked up like he didn't need his mommy any more :(
To answer your question, no he is not in kindergarten this year. I decided the best thing for him is to be the oldest. We are going to have fun with some different kinds of learning (about planets, animals, the earth, etc) rather than too much academics so he won't be too far ahead.


I am posting these zoo pictures because I am focusing on the positive. Handsome asked me a couple of weeks ago what we had planned for the following day. We had nothing so he asked if we could go to the zoo. Unfortunately my first impulse was to say no, but I said yes instead and we had a fun time. Picture proof that I am striving to be a better mom-
(Handsome is helping Little Miss pose . . . )

My little archaeologist




Little Miss woke up early one morning so I was grumpy. I looked out our balcony and saw this beautiful sunrise. It seemed like a small sign to me that I needed to see beauty and not be grumpy.

Little Miss falls asleep in some interesting positions-

1 comment:

The Whitaker Family said...

Love this post and all the great pictures and thoughts! I've missed reading you-- what have I been thinking? :) You're awesome, Katrina! xoxo!