We were able to spend the holiday with our family in Colorado. Our cousins came from South Dakota too which Little Man has been looking forward to for months.
Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve


One of my favorite activities was the torch light parade the ski resort put on. It was very cold, but it was beautifully simple. Employees ski down the mountain with torches and then they do fireworks. I will probably embarrass myself with this, but I cried a little. Holding baby girl who was fascinated with the lights and feeling like it was a true celebration. We celebrate the birth of our country so what can be better than celebrating the birth of our Savior with fireworks too?


I have been reading blogs with folks loving Christmas on Sunday and I'm in that camp. We opened two presents before church.

We went to church in a little branch that my in laws go to. Since it is in a sparsely populated area they don't have a choir so the meeting had lots of groups. My father in law, hubby and brother in law sang a trio while I played piano. I was pretty nervous, but did better than I thought I would so that was awesome! My father in law gave a talk too. The meeting was simple, sweet and truly worshipful. What a wonderful blessing to take the sacrament on the day we celebrate His birth.
We filled every minute with activities. Fun with the cousins, secret Santa project with Nana, torch light parades, church, presents and last but not least, sledding. We were all packed up and stopped at a park on our way to see Nana just before leaving town.
I think he had fun with this, what do you think?
I need to acknowledge my hubby who took most of the pictures. My camera is dying :(
We went to Temple Square a couple of weeks before Christmas and didn't have the best experience. So we promised little man we would go back again. I'm so glad we did. It was a much better outing.

The reason for the season.



2 comments:
Wow, the pictures are beautiful! I love the fireworks and the temple one especially.
Sounds wonderful-- I'm so glad! And I thoroughly agree-- I think Christmas needs to be on Sunday every year. So appropriate and so touching... Seems like it was practically perfect and you guys had a blast-- YAY!!!!!!
Post a Comment