Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's

I make lots of goals throughout the year so in some ways New Year's is just another opportunity to reevaluate. Most of you know I have been working on my mental health and overall health the past few months. I have to be careful with getting too many items on my to do list and overwhelming myself. Rather than making another list of goals I made a list of questions. Most days I feel like a chicken running around with it's head cut off and I need to slow down and really evaluate the choices I am making and the outcomes they produce. So here are my questions to review how I have done each day-

1. Did I feel the spirit today?
2. Did I show my husband love and gratitude today?
3. Did I enjoy my children today?
4. Did I take care of my body today?
5. Did I perform a random act of kindness?

I think that at this point in my life if I can focus on these few things I will grow leaps and bounds. Here's hoping this year is full of work, growth, peace and joy for all of us!

2 comments:

Toshia said...

I love this idea!

The Whitaker Family said...

oooh!!!! Talk about boiling it down to the most important-- I LOVE this list! I think I might steal/borrow it... NICE!

You're really cool... And nice... And I like you!