I know some of you probably think you have the best in laws ever, but you'd be wrong, sorry :(. Mine are the best!
They drove out for the weekend, bringing over tools and cute hats. They got some tickets for general conference, then donated them to me and the hubby since I had never been and watched our kids for us.
I am really hit and miss with pictures. But I have witnesses so I will tell you that I made half an attempt to be a good mom. We cut out pictures of the speakers and colored what their ties looked like. Put pennies in cups when we heard "Jesus" and "love" and played conference bingo.
A couple of highlights-
Papa playing guns with Brother. Ammunition of choice was mustard and pickle juice (all pretend of course). Then I about died laughing when Elder Holland actually said pickle juice in his talk.
Papa to brother-"Thank you for letting us sleep in your room."
Brother-"It wasn't my idea."
Hearing Papa sing to the kids in Italian.
Reading books with Nana and Papa.
Having grandparents around to humor the kids and take them to McDonald's.
They drove out for the weekend, bringing over tools and cute hats. They got some tickets for general conference, then donated them to me and the hubby since I had never been and watched our kids for us.
I am really hit and miss with pictures. But I have witnesses so I will tell you that I made half an attempt to be a good mom. We cut out pictures of the speakers and colored what their ties looked like. Put pennies in cups when we heard "Jesus" and "love" and played conference bingo.
A couple of highlights-
Papa playing guns with Brother. Ammunition of choice was mustard and pickle juice (all pretend of course). Then I about died laughing when Elder Holland actually said pickle juice in his talk.
Papa to brother-"Thank you for letting us sleep in your room."
Brother-"It wasn't my idea."
Hearing Papa sing to the kids in Italian.
Reading books with Nana and Papa.
Having grandparents around to humor the kids and take them to McDonald's.
Brother and I cried a few tears when they left. So thankful they made the effort to come out and see us.
There were so many good talks this session. I probably think that every time, but seriously! Specifically, Larry Wilson's talk was an answer to prayer. I will be printing that one out as soon as it is available, studying it and putting it into practice.
Elder Holland's talk was also amazing, like always. Elder Scott's talk is one that I need to work on as well.
What was your favorite?
There were so many good talks this session. I probably think that every time, but seriously! Specifically, Larry Wilson's talk was an answer to prayer. I will be printing that one out as soon as it is available, studying it and putting it into practice.
Elder Holland's talk was also amazing, like always. Elder Scott's talk is one that I need to work on as well.
What was your favorite?
2 comments:
You hit my favorites! Wilson's was fabulous. I also liked Holland's and Scott's as well.
I also liked how conference began with President Packer and Sister Esplin talking about children and the preeminence of families.
Oh, so glad to hear all that! YAY!!
(I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk but still have yet to hear all sessions-- wasn't as lucky with you with help with the kids. But I have them all on my DVR so...)
Post a Comment