As I have gotten older Easter has become one of my favorite holidays. Easter bunny came on Saturday as usual and kids found their baskets pretty quickly (next year we need to make sure they are hidden better). We went to the neighborhood egg hung by grandma and grandpa's and had lots of fun with our friends.
Easter morning could have been better on my part. I was already stressed at 8:00 a.m. :( I thought I had the sour cream for the potatoes, but didn't so I rushed over to mom's who luckily had extra. I was worried about having enough time to finish the potatoes, get the kids bathed and ready and make it to choir practice. But when we pulled back into our driveway I saw this cute little decoration in our flower bed. The Easter bunny had surprised us again! The kids were so happy and I cried a little bit at the kindness of our new neighborhood.
Easter morning could have been better on my part. I was already stressed at 8:00 a.m. :( I thought I had the sour cream for the potatoes, but didn't so I rushed over to mom's who luckily had extra. I was worried about having enough time to finish the potatoes, get the kids bathed and ready and make it to choir practice. But when we pulled back into our driveway I saw this cute little decoration in our flower bed. The Easter bunny had surprised us again! The kids were so happy and I cried a little bit at the kindness of our new neighborhood.
After church we headed over to mom's where I did my first attempt at resurrection rolls, which turned into quite the conversation piece.
Against my better judgment I included this picture of myself and my two chins, but my little sis is so cute I figured you could focus on her instead of me.
Against my better judgment I included this picture of myself and my two chins, but my little sis is so cute I figured you could focus on her instead of me.
The rolls :) I am retarded and couldn't get a picture of the finished product, but they turned out well and Brother kept asking where the marshmallows went.
My grandparents came down and he humored us with hiding eggs. I told brother what a great egg hider great grandpa is and he kept asking if great grandpa had hidden the eggs and if he could start looking yet.
Sister had so much fun and was dirty pretty much the whole day!

We finished off the day by decorating cookies (because we definitely hadn't had enough sugar yet . . . . ) Thanks to A for putting everything together :)




No comments:
Post a Comment