The hubby and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary last weekend!! My in laws drove out to watch the kiddos and have some quality time together. Papa got Sister to say "mommy and daddy are going on a boondoggle." It was pretty fun to hear her ask me today if I was going on another boondoggle :) Hopefully yes, and hopefully I won't have to wait ten more years!
We went up to Wolf Creek, which is in Eden. I cannot even describe what a nice time we had! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids (most of the time), but it was such a release to be able to do what we wanted and not worry about nap times, picky eaters and kids activities. Hubby and I decided this was the epic packing fail trip though. We forgot a bike tire and biking shoes . . . and something else, but it wasn't as important (can't remember what it was now).
Hubby is training for a marathon and had his 13 mile run on Saturday. I rode the whole bike we brought and carried the water. It was nice to be out in nature and I got to go at a leisurely pace; he was doing all the hard work! I did wimp out on the humongous hill back to our lodgings though-had to walk the bike up. In my defense there are some very steep hills, getting up to a 16% grade!
We hiked up to Powder Mountain and enjoyed the scenery.
It was nice even though it was steep and hot. This is me airing out and enjoying the surroundings :)
Hubby went fishing and I brought my book. We had an enjoyable few hours in the quiet.
We saw this hot air balloon coming over the mountain one morning.
More fishing, this is my view to the right.
And my view looking up :)
And to the left :)
We drove up to Snowbasin and eventually made it. Our first route was closed, but we did get some nice pictures.
We also drove into Ogden to see a movie and had dinner at 9:30 p.m. We attempted to play racquetball one day. We sat in the hot tub and slept in. It was heavenly!
On our last day Nana and Papa drove up with the kids. We went to a trout farm in Ogden and caught some very wiggly fish.
The first fish
Brother's first fish. He was so funny because he wanted to fish, but would hand off the pole and run away as soon as he snagged one. He definitely didn't want to touch them.
Hubby's fish attempting to get away.
Sister randomly asked me to take her picture, but when I tried to get her to look at the camera and smile, this is what she did-
We went on a short hike with everyone with a great look out spot.
Such a nice break! I came back feeling refreshed and excited to give myself a new start on motherhood. Thank you, thank you, thank you to nana and papa, without whom this wouldn't have been possible!
To my cute husband-I love you infinity! Sometimes I feel like we are still newlyweds. I'm so happy I said yes all those years ago and for the life we have built together. I am super excited for the next ten years!











2 comments:
Sounds wonderful! So glad you were able to get away for a bit.
Looks and sounds totally amazing! I'm so glad! Wow.............!
Post a Comment