Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fun on the 4th

The hubby ran the annual 5k solo this year.  His time was 21 minutes 18 seconds.  Yeah, he's awesome like that.
Enjoying some post race watermelon.
This funny girl has had some very adamant opinions about her clothing.  She will only wear dresses now.  I convinced her that her night gown was a night time dress so we didn't have to fight about it every night.  We bought the hat a couple of days before and she refused to take it off, even wore it to bed.  She had a lot of fun and has been asking me to see the parade and get more candy since then.
Our crazy group.  Notice I'm wearing my Captain America shirt.  My sister is indulging me in my crush :)
The camel was a very fun addition to this year's parade.
The ever popular crawlers.
So happy about the lego float-see next picture-

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!  The 4th has become one of my favorite days.  I have a more sentimental post brewing that I will post on the other blog and give a link to here.  If I get it done by the end of the month it will still count, right?

2 comments:

Hongziyang said...

Uh, dude. My time was totally 21 minutes and 18 seconds, not 24 minutes. GOSH!

;)

The Whitaker Family said...

Wow, your hubby's fast!!! Make sure to never tell him any of my race times... Seriously! Nice job!

Looks like a super fun parade/holiday-- YAY!!