For those of you who only like to read "feel good" posts, feel free to look away . . . . I feel like a bit of a wimp writing about this, especially for those of you who have more than two kids, but two kids is hard! I keep telling myself things will get easier so hopefully they will. She is still eating about every three hours and it seems like they go by fast. I spend 30-40 minutes on Rachel's needs (assuming she is in a good mood), then catch up with whatever I asked Matthew to wait on and attempt to take care of Brian, the house and myself. I feel like I barely get around to being productive when I need to stop and feed her again. I have been trying to focus on what I get done rather than all the things that don't. We're all adjusting and unfortunately the house is just going to have to wait most of the time.
My time management skills are going through some changes too. It has been more difficult for me to get to places on time!
I wish there were more hours in the day and I don't even know if I would use them for sleeping.
I have decided that newborns have to be super cute because their survival depends on it. It's hard to be mad at a perfect little angel who is smiling and cooing at you.
Exercise. Now there's something I would use my extra hours for. I have been looking forward to it for a while now and now that I can do it I have no idea how to fit it in.
Well, the kiddos are asleep now so I better follow their lead. I'll be back to happy posting and pictures next time :)
5 comments:
It will get better. As the feedings space out, you'll notice you get into more of a routine. And don't forget...you're operating on less sleep and very interrupted sleep which makes it all that much worse! Good for you for remembering the house will wait - the kids just keep growing!
Give it another 2 months I think. And not only can the house wait, but so can a hot dinner and lots of other things. Just come to my house if you want to feel better about what you're accomplishing!
It is hard. I went through the same thing. I felt like I was failing as a house wife and as mother because I wasn't able to keep up with the demands of house keeping and my kids. It gets better. I promise. I am just now figuring our how to balance everything and Henry is 7 mo now. If you need a pick me up I recommend watching this, http://www.youtube.com/mormonmessages?v=WbYLKVgwztY
Sometimes life is just hard! There's no reason to feel bad about all of these things, that's just the way it shakes down for a while. Just having Mabel and trying to work my job during the day is hard enough without trying to fit in housekeeping. I just figure that it takes a while to figure out a good schedule, and then it will all come together :)
Its true, it will (and hopefully has at least some) get better!!! I have a ROUGH time the first 3 months, no question, and then off and on the next 3 months and then it just gets better and better, IMO. You've got to cut yourself LOTS of slack. Focus ONLY on the most vitally important of priorities and know that things will keep changing-- for the better! xoxox!
Post a Comment