1. There is an owl somewhere in the neighborhood. He keeps me company around 3 a.m.
2. I miss milk. A lot. I mean a lot.
3. I like almond milk better than soy milk, but it's still not quite the same.
4. Birds really are first to see the sun and they really do tell everyone.
5. I have the most awesome family in the world, including my in laws and I know not many people can say that so I really do appreciate it.
6. It is easier to find blessing clothes in Utah than Colorado. Thanks mom :)
7. I am in love with our swamp cooler. The upper 90 degree days are starting to get old.
8. The church is awesome. I have had lots of family here to visit, but have had lots of support from all the moms I love and admire too.
9. I miss my friend Ginnie. I talked to her on the phone this week and was reminded of it again.
10. However, I love that no matter how long it's been since we've talked to each other we pick up right where we left off. I guess after knowing each other for . . . twenty years (I had to count) that is what happens :)
11. I am a fan of those big "bag" jammies for babies. They make night time diaper changes in the dark much simpler.
12. The full moon gives me just enough light to make things easier.
13. I love Brian to pieces. He doesn't make any comments about how terrible the house looks even if he is thinking it.
14. I tell Matthew every night (at least I mean to) that I love him all the much and it's true. Even after a hard day I can truthfully tell him that.
15. My dad is super. We have been working as a family to support each other in being healthy and he has lost 20 lbs. I'm excited to see him in a few short days!
16. Prayer has become so much more important to me. I have been praying multiple times a day for myself, the ones I love and those I care about and wish I could do more for. If you are reading this I have probably prayed for you :)
17. I am able to function surprisingly well on how little sleep I get. Some days are definitely better than others, but that is just how it goes. The biggest thing I've noticed is my memory is taking a hit and my blood pressure too.
18. I asked Matthew why he asks me so many questions and his simple, truthful reply was because he has so many questions. I am reminding myself that he is learning and I am hoping that by not discouraging him from talking to me he will still want to talk to me in ten years. (I have to repeat this to myself a lot.)
19. I miss Elizabeth. She came up to visit last week and I almost cried when I saw her standing on my door step. Here she is with my kiddos-
20. I think the most important thing I've learned is that no matter how crabby I'm feeling, my mood is always lightened by one of the following-
* Matthew's laughter
* A spontaneous hug from one of my boys or
* A smile and coo from Rachel.
I am almost caught up with blogs. But now I need to find my camera to post Matthew's birthday stuff. I hope that doesn't take too long!
2 comments:
I love it! By the way, I agree...almond milk is much better, but there's nothing quite like milk (although I haven't drank it in years!)
Wow, I completely LOVED that post! You're so awesome, Katrina! xoxo!!!
Post a Comment