Monday, August 30, 2010

Winding down and Matthewisms

With summer coming to a close we did some field trips to enjoy our time. We went to the zoo and the weather was perfect.


He is such a curious boy. This time he wanted me to read the signs to him and we both learned some new things. We also got to see them feed a turtle (my pictures didn't turn out :( ) some fish and a rat.







There was a free day at the botanic gardens. I was a little bummed because I didn't realize the children's garden was open. But we were on our way home because Rachel was done. Maybe one of these days I will actually pay and we'll go see it.



I decided some day I want to come here (this is the secret garden area) with a good book and a healthy snack and enjoy it more thoroughly.



We went to the splash park at Southlands and he likes this one much better. In fact we went back again today and will probably try to go back one more time before Labor Day.






Another round of funny things from Matthew-
* "Mom I want to be a cricket so I can see things better."
* "I'm sad to go to preschool because I will miss Rachel's cuteness." (Seriously, he has to be the cutest big brother ever.)
* Speaking of "seriously", when he was playing the other day I heard him say "Seriously!" and "Honestly!" when he was frustrated . . . . hmmm . . . I don't have any idea where he heard those from . . . . .
* He calls a rhinoceros "rhinocesaurus" and it is so cute that I haven't wanted to correct him yet.
* He does this funny run in place before running because he says it helps him build up speed.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Rhinocesaurus--I love it! Don't correct him!

I want to go to the botanic gardens again. I'll have to look and see when the next free day is. So pretty!

The Whitaker Family said...

Oh how I wish I lived nearby and could tag along on your adventures! Looks so fun and gorgeous too... LOVED the Matthew-isms too. So charming! What a cutie!!!